The small town of Nesvizh founded in the 13th century. This is the place where the in the 16th century Radziville Renaissance family castle was located. It was the former residence of the ancient Belarusian-Lithuanian family of Prince Radziville.
For decoration of their possession in Nesvizh the Radzivills gathered European best architects, painters, woodcarvers, gardeners, decorators and jewelers. The legend of hidden gold apostles of Radziwills is haunted by many people.
One can see wonderful monuments which gave the city the name "Paris of the North", "the uncrowned capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania". It is Slutskaya Brama (1690), Town Hall Square with Town Hall, the famous “Farny” Kostel (Church) and the Radzivill’s family crypt. Nesvizh is the city-treasure, whose charm is not lost with age.
In Mir town you`ll see the pearl of Belarusian architecture. The Mir Castle - the 1st monument of national culture, included in UNESCO World Heritage List. The construction of this castle was started in the 1520s by Duke Ilinich. In 1568 the castle came into the hands of Mikolay Radziwil, who used it as his hunting castle and completed it in Renaissance style. A three-storey palace was built along the eastern and northern walls of the castle which had forty fretted rooms. Earth walls were built around the castle with bastions at the corners, surrounded by a water moat.